At one point, I got too stressed out with the project as I felt like I wasn’t succeeding in executing my world the way I wanted to. So I played around with the trees I designed.
This was when I desined a new environment for my world. Everything exists inside this dome, the government centres the dome with a ramp going round allowing the pods to travel to each level. On the top level is where all the unused pods lay awaiting for a mind to be uploaded. The government holographic heads lay on each level when communication is needed. No one sees who or what lives inside the building. The trees are also technologically made, not natural.
I tried combining all the opponents together. However I began to think, if this is a world of technology, what would the world look like? There’d be no need for nature, roads, cars, or the usual daily life processes. So this is what I thought. A world within a world.
My world exists as a sub world based on earth, inside a dome maybe? Only those who upload their minds are allowed into this world. The humans and holograms are segregated.
I used the drawings I created to add some colour to see if I could see my world coming to life. As I began I realised how large this project is and how difficult it is to create a new world as not only do you need to think of the big changes, you also need to create the smaller details that make it different.
For this project the aim was to create a new world, creating new inhabitants and rules. The world I have chosen to create is a world where humans can upload their minds to computers, containing all memories and gaining immortality.
These computers are pod like machines with a hologram of the uploaded human. This world also contains a government, who communicate with the inhabitants through a gigantic hologram.
Again, I made changes to the final draft.
– Changed the font of the title (Author in Bold, Makes it more organised and stand out further)
– Added imagery to the back cover (Makes it more interesting and makes the grey follow
– Changed the position of the blurb (to make it easier to read and fits within the imagery.)
– Added the fingerprint pattern to the spine (to reinforce the subject matter.)
– Changed the colour of the font on the spine (to make it stand out on a shelf.)
I am very happy with the final draft as with Cold Blood, they have previously used mainly photographic imagery. I wanted to bring a more modern illustrative style whilst also bringing the truth that photography can bring. I felt this will intrigue new readers as I feel as though there is still a mystery to the imagery whereas a documentary photographic image is more self explanatory.