With these designs I tested out the positioning and design of the spine and title. I tried adding colour to the spine to see if this would stand out more on a bookshelf than the white however just doesn’t work with the type and as a whole.
I also colourised ‘Blood’ to red and in one design filled in the o’s. I really like blood highlighted red as it works well with the image below however i’m not too keen on the o’s filled in as it makes it look unorganised. The highlighted and coloured ‘blood’ works really well with the image underneath and allows your eye to travel from the word to the image.